Monday, January 28, 2008

Simple pleasures



I recently was unexpectedly surprised with the opening of a new park less than a block from my apartment. I live on the Fremont end of Phinney Ridge in Seattle. The views from Phinney Ridge are pretty amazing and I've often longed for a place to watch the sun set over the Olympics besides the back stairs to my laundry room.

It's been winter so I haven't been able to fully utilize the park but the other day I was rewarded with a brief glimpse of the mountains. I grabbed my camera and snapped a few photos. I can see that I will be spending some afternoons here with a book come summer.



In this photo you see more clouds than mountains... but they're there on the lower left. It's a lovely view of Ballard, nonetheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home