Monday, October 22, 2007

Boston's ICA

After my white mountain adventure, I met up with Accacia in Boston and we headed to check out their brand spankin' new Institute of Contemporary art. Designed by Diller Scofidio + Renfro of New York, the building greatly impressed me both with its function and form. I've come to find that the museums that impress me the most manage to serve three functions: a place to display art, a work of art in itself, and a "frame" for the outside environment. The ICA did all three brilliantly.

A general view of the museum.....



There are some dramatic details...


One of the most impressive is a multimedia room that drops out of the gallery space....


and gives you a view of the water as you enter it....



And a view of the harbor at the bottom.....




1 Comments:

At 4:36 PM, Blogger Accacia said...

You caught that space! Glad I got to share it with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home