Thursday, March 01, 2007

MLK weekend-- A return to Fort Stevens and Portland

So one of my resolutions for the year is to take a weekend away for a "signifcant local trip" once a month. So far so good, but it is only march. Anyhow, MLK weekend I returned with my lovely friend Katy to Ft Stevens. The weather was once again in rare stormy fashion, even colder than the last time I was there. I have decided "yurt season" in the Pacific Northwest is mid march to mid october. 15 degrees in a yurt is just too cold. Anyhow, we were toasty warm in our down sleeping bags but hanging out in the yurt wasn't so fun. The next night we went on to Portland. I've been there in the past and just frankly hadn't figured out what all the fuss was about. I felt I should like it there but hadn't properly discovered it. This time I got what I was looking for. We stayed at the fabulous Jupiter Hotel very hip, very modern and with a great lounge, the Douglas Fir. I can't wait to go back for another weekend soon.





Pictures below....




The ilwaco fire department has met an unfortunate demise




Katy, the photographer, on the beach



Tough girls can handle the cold



windy waves



the swanky dougfir lounge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home